Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Enormous Crystal Balls: The 2011-12 NHL Season



By Chris Barrymore


I meant to get this out prior to the very first puck drop of the season, in tonight's opening Habs versus Leafs game. Alas, sometimes life interferes.

So I'm about an hour late. Anyway, here is the extremely abbreviated version of what would have been an awesome (and long) article about the upcoming 2011-12 NHL season's eventual final standings. Enjoy.

And don't forget to come back next Spring to marvel at my powers (or more likely mock my complete ineptitude).


Top 8 in the East (in ALPHABETICAL order):

Boston
Buffalo
Carolina
New York Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay
Washington


Top 8 in the West (in ALPHABETICAL order):

Anaheim
Chicago
Columbus
Detroit
Los Angeles
San Jose
St. Louis
Vancouver


Eastern Conference Final: Buffalo over Washington
Western Conference Final: Vancouver over Los Angeles

Stanley Cup Final: Vancouver over Buffalo

1 comment:

  1. I swear I predicted this a month ago - Colorado and Toronto will dominate their respective Conferences.

    Except that when I said "a month ago", I really meant "an hour ago", and when I said "predicted", I really meant "am still unwilling to admit"

    ReplyDelete