Monday, July 18, 2011

Not a Fucking Sport: Drew Barrymore's New Band



By Chris Barrymore


Long ago, in a galaxy far away, there was a certain member of these leagues (who shall remain nameless) that was dealing with a certain fascination with one Ms. Drew Barrymore. For those of you who remember and have tried to forget, I apologize. For those of you who were never exposed to it, I envy you.

But at one time, in the far reaches of this league manager’s mind, it was conjured up that Drew Barrymore started a rock band. This band was called Drew Barrymore and the Slapshots, if I recall. The band released a collection of songs on various formats (my preference being the special edition double LP vinyl) filled with hockey themed songs of suggestive double entendres and innuendo. Needless to say, the record/CD/8 track/cassette/MP3/digital whatever sold millions and was a huge hit.

Now, being the ambitious, creative, intriguing, and mesmerizing person that she is, Ms. Barrymore decided that just doing that hockey album was not enough. Even though she loves hockey and cannot wait for it to start again and is thinking about doing a countdown to when the hockey drafts might start, she wanted to do a quick side project and put together a new band to do a record about baseball. The name of this band, you ask? Drew Barrymore and the Ball Boys.

Here are the details of this stunning new release:

TRACKLISITING:

Squeeze Play
Foul Territory
Sweet Spot
Bottom of the Ninth
Blowing the Save
Bushleaguer
Getting to First Base
Outside My Strike Zone
No Hitting (On Me Tonight)
One Night Home Stand
Juiced


Of course, given the explicit content, Walmart is refusing to carry this. So you will need to search elsewhere for your must-have copy.

Well, time to go and watch Fever Pitch again.

3 comments:

  1. I got the Japanese import version for fifty bucks on Amazon. It comes with the following bonus tracks (I prefer this unplugged version of the Pearl Jam cover on track # 14, to the single version on track # 6):

    12. If You're Pitching, I'm Catching
    13. Three Balls and You're Out
    14. Bushleaguer (acoustic version)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always put the good stuff on the Japanese releases. Dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, that is exactly what I thought, but after listening to track 13, I see why Drew chose to omit this horrible, horrible song from the album.

    Okay, so maybe the song is not that bad, and I am simply biased because my superfluous organ seems to disqualify me from ever winning Drew's affections.

    ReplyDelete